This booklet explores a versatile gimmick that allows you force information, read minds, control the outcome of a poker game, and more!
The Gimmick Explained
Off three objects (a phone, a bill and a pen) the participant chooses one for themselves, one for the performer, and one is placed away in their pocket. Despite being clear which object will go where before any decisions are made the choices have been predicted exactly with no ambiguity.
The participant makes a list of five objects and thinks of one. The performer is able to identify which is being thought of.
30 Card Poker Deal Revisited
In this three phase routine the participant is invited to choose all the cards for their hand and the performer and still manages to lose all three rounds. In the last round, the cards are mixed, cut and dealt by the participant and they choose whichever hand they wish of the two. The performer predicts the exact outcome including the exact cards in both hands!
This has been Patrick’s closer for years and he’s tipping some of his new work that makes this a devastating piece for any show. The audience builds an impossible object with the odds being 1 in 1296 of predicting the correct outcome and yet….
Your Thoughts Are Numbered – Q & A Technique
This is one of Patrick’s many Q & A techniques that meets the following conditions:
- No pre-show work of any kind.
- No double speak.
- Each subject is assigned a number and when their number is called they stand.
- At no time does the performer appear to go near the sealed envelope containing the questions written by the audience.
- There is no palming of any kind.
- There is no need to memorize any information.
- You may take your time when reading the information and the audience will never know.
- Everything may be left with the audience at the conclusion of the effect.